If there's one thing women love, it's a well-fitting bra. After all, wearing it doesn't just feel right; it also helps cover, support, and elevate your bust.
But, if you've ever gone shopping for bras at an online lingerie store, you know it's among the most frustrating clothing pieces to buy. For one, since it's an undergarment, you can't try it on directly. And, if you purchase one but later realize it's not your size, returning it won't do.
For the ladies out there, read on because this blog can help you solve this dilemma once and for all. Here are some tips for successfully buying the best-fitting bras.
Know Your Fit
When you buy from a store, fitters will be there to help you find the best size. But, that obviously won't happen at an online lingerie shop.
The best thing you can do is know your fit. Since you know your body the most, you can act as your own fitter and be aware of your measurements. This way, you can weed out selections that will be iffy when worn. You can:
- Use your bra as the basis: If you're looking for a basis for your fit, go with the bra you're currently wearing. If you're comfortable with it, look for pieces that are the same size or similar to it. If the back band is riding up or down, go with something bigger or smaller.
- Wear it on the loosest clasp: Bras stretch out over time. That's why, for the one you're wearing, you should adjust it on the loosest clasp and see if it fits the way you want it to. If it's tight even at that point, then going with a bigger size is a better idea.
- Avoid underwire pain: Underwire can be painful. But, it shouldn't be that way. If it's poking you, or making you uncomfortable, going up a cup size solves that problem.
- It shouldn't move when you raise your arms: To ensure the one you'll buy will stay in place even after a long day, here's what you should do. While wearing your bra, raise your arms. If it rides up, the band is too big for you, or the cup may be too small. But, if it stays, then you've got yourself a winner.
- There should be no shoulder dents: Here's a common misconception. Bustier women think it's normal for bra dents to show on their shoulders. It shouldn't be that way. Straps are designed to carry only 10% of your bust's weight. If they're visible, that means the bands are working harder than they're supposed to. Going with a smaller size will give you the right support.
Buy When You Feel Best
Your current disposition also plays a part when you're buying a bra. Aside from being an undergarment, it's a fashion piece, or something that makes you feel happy when you look at yourself.
This is why you should avoid bra shopping when you're not feeling 100%; chances are, no matter how perfect the fit is, you won't be satisfied with it. Instead, get yourself in the right headspace first. Once you're feeling better, that's the time to buy a new bra.
Bra shopping doesn't have to be a bust. By following these tips, you're sure to get the piece (or pieces) that will make you comfortable and confident. Visit Night Closet, the best place to buy lingerie online.